Thursday, October 1, 2009

Shows I wish I were watching

When I started going through the schedules to find shows to watch, I found a whole bunch that I really wished I could watch. And the worst part is, that most of them have a Canadian connection which make them so close to being watchable! Here are the top of the list:

(1) Flash Forward: A mysterious global event causes everyone on the planet to simultaneously lose consciousness for 2 minutes and 17 seconds (137 seconds), during which people worldwide see what may be visions of their lives approximately six months in the future, April 29, 2010. The event results in deaths from accidents and leaves the survivors wondering whether what they saw will happen. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FlashForward_(2009_TV_series)
-It's based on a Canadian novel and stars Joseph Fiennes. That's pretty much all I needed to know to start with but it just sounds so fascinating.

(2) Eastwick: The show follows the lives of three strangers, Roxanne, Joanna and Kat, who meet at a wishing fountain and soon become friends. A mysterious man named Darryl Van Horne has moved to Eastwick and has sinister plans for the women, but befriends them. Even more dangerous, he unleashes their supernatural powers. By igniting their hearts' desires, he might just be opening Pandora's box. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastwick_(TV_series).
-And who plays that mysterious man??? None other than Mr. Paul Gross. Despite never having been interested in the book or the movie, having Mr. Gross involved definitely piqued my interest in the show.

(3) Glee: Really, it looks like a TV version of High School Musical. That's all I needed. I think everybody needs a little more HSM and even better if it's in a weekly dose! Though when I put it in perspective, watching a bunch of teenagers sing isn't exactly what I would call a good time. But then again, for a while I was watching HSM 3 once a week. Sometimes I question my own judgement.

And of course, there is the old favourite America's Next Top Model. I just got addicted to it last year. It's a shame to have to say good-bye so soon. At least I had Canada's Next Top Model throughout the summer.

But please, if you watch any of these shows. Let me know how they are. My fingers are crossed that they are terrible so I'm not missing anything.

Just think of how nice Thursday would have been with Flash Foward and Grey's...sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Paul Gross was due for a role like that for sure!

    Haven't had a chance to get into any of them, but saw a bit of Glee and wasn't very impressed. That seems to be what I am hearing from the few of the folks I've spoken with. Want to check out Eastwick for sure though.

    Funny story about ANTM: I ALWAYS miss the make over episode. No matter how hard I try, I am never around when it airs, whether I remember or not. This year, I missed the first episode (didn't even know it had started airing til Davey told me) but was stoked I could see the second episode and not miss the make overs! Well. Not so. Turns out, as I saw in the recap before the opening credits, they freaking did the make overs during the first episode! Eff that! How could they! Damn you ANTM for never spiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Flashforward last night(i don't know how many epsisodes might have aired before) and it kind of reminded me of Jericho. I really liked Jericho so I will have to see how this one goes. Last nights was enough to make me watch again.
    Haven't caught Eastwick yet but am hoping to this week.
    Didn't care much for Glee either,even though Kristen Chenowith was on this week. That was it's only saving grace. Sorry Melissa.

    ReplyDelete