Sunday, October 18, 2009

Slacker

I'm sad to admit but things have been a bit crazy lately so I haven't really been keeping up on my shows this week. Just now I'm trying to catch up on The Hour and still haven't touched Being Erica or Defying Gravity yet. It's a good thing that I have some extra time this week so that I can catch up on everything and not fall further behind.

I'm excited since today is another episode of Battle of the Blades and the competition is starting to heat up because now the hockey players are taking it much more seriously and getting more competitive which is great! Plus Strombo will be a guest judge tonight which is more of an incentive to watch. But watching the interview on The Hour with Glenn Anderson and Isabelle Brasseur, I learned something that makes me reconsider the competition. So we all saw how Glenn fell last week and it made me very sad. That damned toe pick! Originally, I was impressed since Domi was the only one still wearing hockey skates as the rest of them all switched to figure skates which is quite the adjustment for them. Then in this interview, Glenn revealed that the majority of them (excluding him and I believe he said Craig Simpson) has filed the toe pick off their skates! That seems unfair! I mean, even though Glenn fell, at least he had the decency to man up and face the toe pick. The rest just seem like cowards now. I think that they should all have to use regulartion figure skates with the toe picks. It's part of the sport. And if you fall, that's part of the sport too. Suck it up men, it's to put on the real figure skates.

p\s I just want to give a shout out to my brother. As I'm sure you all watch the Hour, remember when Stephen Lewis was on? And in his bio, there was a clip of a public service announcement with K-OS working at the Bay? Yeah, that was done by my brother's company, The Corner Store (http://www.thecornerstore.tv/ check out the Fast Food link). I don't mean my brother owns the company, he works for them so it's not "his" in the sense he owns it...this is going on too long. Anyway, good job bro!

1 comment:

  1. I may not own The Corner Store, but I was, however, hired fresh out of school in the middle of the recession to head up their in house production company, as you mentioned, Fast Food. It was directed by a great guy by the name of Charles Wahl (also a Sheridan grad). Great one day shoot and fun to hang out with K-OS!

    Thanks for the shout out!

    You can check out the full PSA here:

    http://bit.ly/YJ2el

    (Click on the SLF - A Dare to Remember link in the right hand column)

    ReplyDelete