Friday, October 23, 2009

MIA

I just thought that I should warn everyone that I will probably not be posting for the next couple of days. As most of you know, I am moving to Toronto this weekend (yay!). Thus as Rogers seems to think I should return my modem and cable box, I will be without both TV to watch and internet to post.

Now, because I am essentially a nerd, I'm very interested in seeing how this will affect my challenge. For the past months, I have been in my own apartment but now I'm moving in with two other people. There is a big difference between me, squirreled up in my tiny basement apartment by myself, watching whatever I want whenever I want. Now there will be other people there that I'll either have to fight with to watch what I want to watch or spend a lot more time in my room. The main problem will be the fact they are not limited to watching Cancon. The temptation here is rather small since I can just simply not watch American shows. Plus, TV is also a social thing. It brings people together (if only to sit quietly together in the same room) and gives them something to talk about. Do you know how sad it'll be while I'm squirreled in my tiny little room while my brother and sister are out there watching NCIS or Grey's? (I don't think either of them watch Grey's but I think the sound of my sobs would force them to stop anyway). I've largely been able to ignore most of the social aspects of TV up till this point since I have nobody else to really talk about the shows with anyway (except you blog, you care, don't you blog?). But now I'll be like those kids whose parents won't let them watch The Simpsons.

The upside? My housemates will probably end up watching more Cancon with me. Hurrah!

But don't worry! I'll be watching the SYTYCD-C finale on Sunday. Even if I have to fight my siblings for it. I want to see Vincent crowned Lord of the Dance!

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally stoked to get away from the temptation of throwing syndicated shows on in the background. I am always a fan of CanCon, but take in far less than I should, so WOO to that! I'm ready to help you on your quest, though not having sworn the oathe, I will not lament while I watch ANTM and How I Met Your Mother (we can work something out). And, if Stargate Universe counts, we'll be all set!

    I'm going to bring some episodes of Anna and Kristina's Grocery Bag from work. Maybe we can figure out which is the blonde and which is the brunette!!

    ReplyDelete