Monday, October 19, 2009

A Battle Indeed

(This indeed contains spoilers. Please be warned).

One on the first episode of Battle of the Blades, there was a very clear team that came out on top: Barb Underhill and Ron Duguay. They skated wonderfully, Barb hasn't figure skated in a long time and has a rather sad history, and Ron the hair and the Studio 54 past, they were the clear favourites. Even though I didn't like them, I thought that they were going to go far.

...But apparently they would only stay until tonight. They actually got beat out by Tuffy and Tie. Mind boggling, almost. I mean, if you look at the CBC website for the show, Duguay and Underhill have the most fans! I really have no idea what happened. I mean, yes, they didn't quite have the same showmanship as Tie and Tuffy or even that they did in their first performance but to fall this quickly out of favour and be eliminated? Canada is apparently a very fickle mistress. And how can the team with the largest amount of fans online be in the bottom two? It just seems bizarre. Too bad there's no french judge to pin it on this time.

Personally, I think it's going to come down between Lemieux and Bourne vs. Simpson and Sale. But who knows? They might just be the bottom two next week! (I will once again state my apathy when it comes to reality shows. I will do absolutely nothing to keep them safe. They are on their own).

1 comment:

  1. I missed the Battle of the Blades sunday night and fully intended to watch it on the cbc site , but never got around to it so I didn't watch the results show ,although I did get a call half way through telling me who the bottom two were.I still didn't watch because I figured they would be sending Tie home. Nothing against Barb and Rob, but the results made me happy. The other guys are taller and leaner which gives them an edge, but I am going for Tie all the way! He has persoanlity and spirit.
    So instead of watching BoftB I watched How I met Your Mother (I know, I know!)They always make fun of Robin, who is from Canada, and of Canada. Last night there was chance she might be deported so she decided to bcome an American citizen. Long story short she ended up waking the next morning on a hotel floor in Toronto. Barney came to take her home but first they went for coffee, and where do you think they went? Tim Horton's! Just like the TD bank in Little Mosque, Tim Horoton's was all over the place. cans of coffee stacked everywhere, it shocked me, especially on an American show. In the end Barney did agree the coffee was good. Weird.
    After that I was good and went back to the CBC. I am sorry Mr Kennedy, but I am going to have to give this one up. As I stated before, that new minister just angers me, so I will look elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete