Thursday, September 3, 2009

I remember the good ol' days of my youth where the beginning of September meant not only the dreaded (or exciting, if you are a nerd like me) return to school but also the return of all your favourite shows. Ally McBeal, Roswell, Buffy, the Vampire Slayer. It was all about being reunited with both your real life as well as your fictional friends. It was good times. Then the shows started premiering later and later so that it was almost October by the time they were starting up again.

What I don't understand now is the fact that CTV premiered their shows in August (Defying Gravity and SYTYCDC) while CBC is waiting basically till the first week in October. Maybe someone smarter than I can explain it to me but this just makes my life exceedingly difficult. It's like a weird limbo here and made it difficult to find a date to start my crusade. August seemed to early and October seemed to late. So I settled right in the middle (plus I'm used to framing my life around September). But now I have to wait a couple weeks to actually have more shows to watch since the majority of Canadian produced shows are on the CBC. And then since The Hour is pretty much on all the time on different channels, I'll always have something to turn it to. But for now, I wait...

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure what determines this, but I almost prefer it when you include the specialty channels. Fall brings new shows and more seasons of Stargate, but then things like Damages comes on just in time to start while their take their weeks-long mid-season break. You got your True Blood and Wipeout to take you through the summer, and when you throw Dexter, America's/Canada's Next Top Model, United States of Tara, Ugly Betty, Mad Men and all the rest in, you got yourself a well rounded year.

    But in the end, who knows when things start and end when everyone just crushes whole seasons on VOD?

    ReplyDelete