Sunday, September 20, 2009

Horrible News!

So today while browsing through the schedules for the different broadcasters (lots of premieres coming up this week!) I saw that CTV had the Emmy Awards on tonight. I got excited because I love award shows and hadn't realized that they would be on tonight. And then it hit me: I can't watch it because it's not Canadian produced (...or has anything really to do with Canada at all). I was a little disappointed but since they were just the Emmys, I wasn't too upset. That's when I realized the most horrible thing of all: I won't be able to watch the Oscars this year! What have I done! I clearly didn't think this through enough. You know, for all the thought and care I put into what I would have to give up, I never once thought of this.

I suppose it will be okay though. I end up missing them every other year anyway (usually because I'm on a bus). Last year, I was even lucky enough to hold a real Academy Award. I just thought that now that I'm done with school, I would always be able to catch them. Oh well, at least I still have the Genies, Junos and Geminis.

...I'm not going to lie, this upset me far more than it should have.

1 comment:

  1. Our passion for award shows runs deep and I thought much the same thing: the Emmy's could be missed, but the Academy Awards! Oh man!

    ReplyDelete