Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Appt. TV

I find myself looking forward to Tuesday nights now with SYTYCD-C and Being Erica. I was worried that I wouldn't find anything that would create the same excitement as Grey's did but I'm finding this a suitable replacement.

Now I can appreciate how the internet makes it so that you can watch whatever you want, whenever you want. There's no old men sitting around determining when I have to watch anything. But to tell the truth, I still am a fan of appointment TV. I like having things probably spaced out for me (I have a problem that if I can, I will sit down and watch a whole season all at once). Maybe it's because I like rules and organization. I just like having my time parceled so that I know that no matter what, I will take 2 hours aside from everything else that is going on and everything I have to do tonight, and just watch my shows. It's a nice break from all the craziness.

So I will happily keep my appointments with CTV and CBC tonight. And it'll be good times.

(Now a quote from Degrassi: "You just can't handle that I'm a sexual being." Seriously?)

4 comments:

  1. First I would like to go back a bit and talk about Grey's Anatomy. I agree with you about Katharine Heigl, and how did she win an Emmy or GG anyways? Sandra Oh and Chandra Wilson are much btter actors.THen all of a sudden she is in all these movies. And who on God/dess's green earth decided she was worthy of pairing up with Gerard Butler.A little off topic but it had to be said. I didn't care for the way they ended the first storyline with Denny and this last one with Denny/tumour was ridiculous, as have been other ones, so I am not watching it anymore.
    Which brings me to my point, I am now paying attention to what I am watching and I am trying to find more Canadian made shows to watch.
    I like that Ron James has his own show and I can watch it friday night followed by Rick Mercer.I miss the old Air Farce/ Rick Mercer line up. I know I could watch Rikc on tuesday night, but sorry big guy, I can't give up NCIS.
    I am gong to watch Flashpoint regularly now. Hey, it has Enrcio Colantoni in it, and he's one of the few people who can pull off cute AND sexy.
    I am of course very excited about Battle of the Blades, and will watch Being Erica when I can remember waht night it is on. I watched a few episodes of the Listener but since it was summer, I only caught a few, but will watch when it comes back on.
    So there you have it. Maybe you can teach a dog new tricks. ( any of you comment on that and you can remember my Christmas threat)
    Oh, and George! I will watch him every night too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I'm so proud. And Being Erica is on Tuesday nights at 9pm. Opposite NCIS Los Angeles.

    I haven't seen the Ron James show yet. Frankly, I'm not that keen to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My buddy worked on the promos for Rob James, apparently, he isn't a very nice guy in person, so boo to him!

    We are among the last generations that will have an affinity for watching TV at pre-assigned times and regular weekly intervals. I LOVE the fact that you can watch things anytime/anywhere, but programming schedules just seem more wholesome and in some ways, bring people together, and that aspect may get lost in this internet time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! I <3 Degrassi. And I started watching the second season of Being Erica, and i'm really enjoying it. I like how we can finally see into Doctor Tom's screwed up past. Yes! Scandalous!

    ReplyDelete