Monday, September 21, 2009

2 out of 3 ain't bad

Here is the official breakdown of the main channels I will be watching this year. And to help further the spirit of competition, they will be ranked on the availability of shows I can actually watch.

(1) The CBC: Not surprisingly, I can pretty much watch the Ceeb at anytime. The shows I'm looking forward to watching the most are Being Erica and Battle of the Blades. Then there are the usual Rick Mercer, 22 Minutes and Little Mosque. (sidenote: I just noticed that Sophie is missing from the line-up. Did they really cancel it?) The one episode I've seen of Dragon's Den seemed entertaining. And of course, I'll always have The Hour. And who knows? Maybe I will even start watching The National like a good Canadian.
Grade: A+ (you're gone far beyond those C's and B)

www.cbc.ca/programguide/weekly/2009/09/28/cbc_television/

(2) CTV: I'll give CTV points for giving me Canada's Next Top Model this summer and Canadian Idol in the past. And now I've gotten hooked on the SYTYCD-C (even the acronym is too long). Defying Gravity is my replacement Grey's so they also get points for trying there. Flashpoint is still their biggest, current claim to CanCon and I suppose I will eventually try to catch up on that. But really CTV, I'm starting to get tired of just recycling reality show formats. They may be cheap and easy, but you don't want that kind of reputation, do you? I think we both know that you can be better.
Grade: B- (but only because you try...kind of).

www.ctv.ca/generic/generated/tvlist/CJOHtvlist.html

(3) Global: ....crickets. Truthfully, I was shocked when I looked at the Global primetime line-up. Until I got to Saturday at 8pm for Project Runway Canada. Yep. That's it. I mean, really, Global? Am I just missing something? I thought maybe this would give us time to bond since the amount of channels I have to choose from are limited, but then you do this to me? I don't know, Global, I just don't know.
Grade: F (for not even trying...really, Saturday night at 8pm?!)

www.globaltv.com/entertainment/schedule/index.html

Okay, I will admit that I might be slightly biased because of my crush on the CBC (is it possible to have crushes on television networks?) but the others aren't giving me much to work with here. Oh well. Time to go see what's on tonight...

2 comments:

  1. I've been continually disappointed in Global and that just made it worse. Boo to them, boo!

    Did I tell you I saw Enrico Colantoni from Flashpoint (or, as he will always be in my heart, Elliot from Just Shoot Me) at a Starbucks? I was trying not to creep on him and be discrete, but I thought it looked like him, and then I heard his voice. He is the best addition to a pumpkin spice latte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Of course my first thought was that you should have smelled him. And this is why I'm not allowed to be near famous people.

    ps I think he would be impressed if you started raving about Just Shoot Me instead of Flashpoint.

    ReplyDelete