Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Good Morning Canada

So I'm a bit of a hypocrite. But I admit it. Remember all those long days ago when I was talking about we should all be watching local television? Well, when it comes to morning television, I don't practice what I preach. If I were a good person, then I would be watching Ottawa A Channel morning show. I mean, I've drunkenly stumbled past where they film the show many atimes (not while they were filming. Usually a few hours earlier). But instead, I watch Canada AM. I believe there are two reasons for this:

(1) Seamus O'Regan: What a man! I mean, read this and not be impressed: http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/show/CTVShows/1099432398009_94838600?hub=AMFamily
Aside from his dashing good looks, he has a degree in philosophy. That's all I need to know.

(2) Bill Welychka: It generally makes me sad seeing people in their post VJ careers (Strombo excepted...that's right, we're so close, I call him Strombo). Despite the fact that I probably could have touched him at the Genies which was kind of cool, it's just not the same seeing Mr. Welchka as a weatherman on the A channel. I prefer to remember him in his mid-90's MuchMusic glory. Here's to the good ol' days, Bill.

I have to say though, I think I generally hate most weathermen. I don't really care for Jeff Hutcheson either. Growing up with Don Paul and Mike Cejka, it's hard to compete with the greats. I just can't move on.

2 comments:

  1. Who wants to watch an A Channel? I've never been into them at all. And props with the Don and Mike name drop. WIVB will always live in my heart, even though its American (and I don't feel guilty about it either because they included Fort and Port in their weathercasts and what did ANY Canadian broadcaster do for us down there?)

    I bring it up only because I am dedicated to the difference and have corrected so many before that they would be mad if I stopped:
    You only film something when its on film, anything to do with TV is either 'shot' or 'recorded'. I forgive only those who say filming when they are shooting a movie on some digital medium. Still love you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How kind of you to forgive me. I'll try to file that away and correct myself from now on.

    ReplyDelete