Sunday, February 28, 2010

Canada's Game

I have to admit, as much as I love Canada and everything, I never watch hockey. Well, actually, I only watch hockey at the Olympics. And then it's just too intense for me. I usually end up getting far too emotionally involved in all the sports but for some reason, hockey is the worst. Maybe it's because it's supposed to be Canada's game. And my favourite commercial Olympics has been Coke's commercial about letting the world know whose game they're playing. But it does mean that I will probably be whimpering on the couch this afternoon as we watch the game. My heart can't handle things like this.

But for all those who were criticizing Own the Podium, I have to say, looking at our 25 medals so far, I'm pretty happy with that. And considering we currently have 13 gold medals, the most a host country has ever won in games, I'm very pleased.

And I will be happy to see the closing ceremonies tonight. Now I can happily go back to my regularly scheduled programming and leave all this stress behind me.

1 comment:

  1. As an old Sabres fan from the, well, let's just say a while back, I know how rough it is to watch important games, so that is why I watch something else and periodically change the channel just to get a quick glimpse of the score, and then in the last 30 seconds go watch the ending with my husband for the celebrations. Didn't work quite that easily with the last game, but it all worked out in the end.
    I think Own The Podium worked out fantastically.We didn't own it for the most medals but certainly for the golds and I am mighty impressed with that amount, and how all of Canada reacted. It was amazing! I think this July 1 will be celebrated with more pride and enthusiam than any year before. Go Canada!

    ReplyDelete