Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Prejudices

So I've never been to believe that you shouldn't judge something before you see it. Sometimes you just can't help it. Especially in this situation with Hiccups and Dan for Mayor (which shall just be referred to as Dan from here on).

I want to go into these shows with an open mind and I'm going to try my hardest to but my head is already filled with ideas about these shows. First of all, I think Hiccups is going to be too much like Corner Gas. Maybe not exactly like it, but the tone and dynamics will be the same. I'm also afraid that eventually the show is going to rotate around Brent Butt instead of Nancy Robertson (in which case I will yell "Usurper" every time I see Brent Butt). I also have a deep fear that it will fail, utterly and completely, going down in flames.

As for Dan, it just makes me sigh. I originally was really excited to see this series but now that it's here, it just leaves like every other role Fred Ewanuick has played. You know, the slacker. Though it's interesting because Corner Gas was set in Saskatchewan, Robson Arms in Vancouver and now Dan is set in Ontario. At least he's covering a lot of ground. Though Hank and Nick weren't that similar in personality, they did have similar situations (often unemployed, one very close friend). So I'm just worried it's going to be more of the same.

So I know it doesn't sound like I have an open mind since it is hard to keep these thoughts in behind, but I'm going to do my best on Monday night. I'm always willing to be pleasantly surprised. I guess we'll see if there really is life after Corner Gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment