Thursday, February 4, 2010

Doyle

Now generally, I like the Republic of Doyle. The accents, the houses, people getting hit in the face a lot. I mean, last night Mark Critch was on it! Mark Critch! From 22 minutes. It was weird. I find it funny that most of the guest stars are comedians since apparently only comedians come from the East coast. Even though I have mixed feelings about Mark Critch, it was interesting to see him in a more dramatic role. And he got beat up. It kinda made me feel good. Oh! And Gordon Pinsent was on it last night. What a good man.

Here's what I don't like about it. The sting. Everytime they go to commercial, they play the "Oh yeah!" from the theme song. I always expect the Kool-Aid man to make an appearance. It's just no good. And to me, the act breaks seem to be an awkward places. They always go to commercial and I'm left thinking, "Really? This is where you want to break it?" I had a conversation with my brother about this and he said that it's like an older style. To him, the whole show feels more like it belongs 20 years ago and really, what is that saying about good ol' Newfoundland?

But I did learn last night about a small group of islands (St. Pierre and Miquelon) that are just south of Newfoundland that are technicaly still in French control. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment