Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Better Late then Never

I would just like to take the time to thank CTV for finally joining this challenge. Despite watching the Olympics on there for the past while, I hadn't seen spent much time with CTV lately. But this is all going to change next week. CTV is premiering 3 new Cancon shows! Wow! I'm impressed. Here they (although if you've watched any Olympics at all, you've probably seen the promos):

(1) Hiccups (Monday, 8pm): Millie is a children's writer with anger management issues who hires a life coach. But of course it's starring Nancy Robertson and Brent Butt, who also created and is the story runner for the show. It sounds interesting but what bothers me is how much buzz Brent Butt is getting as the star of the show. Indeed, he is not. Nancy Robertson is the star of the show! In fact, Butt wasn't even supposed to be in front of the camera at all.

(2) Dan for Mayor (Monday, 8:30pm): Dan is a bit of a loser in his small town but then decides to run for mayor. I'm a bit foggier on this show except that it stars Fred Ewanuick. Oh and Benjamin Ayres who was Cowboy from jPOD. I'll be happy to see his face again.

(3) The Bridge (Friday, 9pm): A gritty cop drama. Okay so it's about corrupt cops and a man who's trying to fight it and eventually is appointed the head of the Police Union. I'm a little less excited about this one, personally. Over the course of this challenge, I've realized that I'm becoming more and more the epitome of my demographic. I'm not the audience they are going for but I'll give it a chance and see how it goes ...

Welcome back, CTV. It's nice to see you, old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment