Monday, February 15, 2010

Thus Far

Sadly I missed the first 2 hours of the opening ceremonies so I don't have too much to comment on from there. But I can tell you that I have not watched anything else but the Olympics since Friday night. But here are my observations thus far:

(1) CTV is terrible at coming up with names for segments! "Difference Makers." Okay, so that's the only one I can remember off-hand but there was also one about community that was no good. Clearly CTV spent all their money on the bid to air the Olympics and didn't bother hiring anybody to come up with good titles.

(2) I cannot express how happy I was to see Brian Williams!!! Literally the first thing I thought of when CBC wasn't going to be airing the Olympics was how sad it would be without him. To me, he is the Olympics. It just wouldn't be the same without him. It also made me happy when he accidentally said CBC instead of CTV. I didn't see it myself but I smiled when I heard.

(3) I never realized how much I like the moguls! And give me three weeks and I will completely forget what they are.

(4) I'm also really happy to see Darrin Jones back. I had no idea that he had gone to MTV. I also enjoy the other two MTV hosts that have been rounded up. I don't think that they are utilizing Seamus as much though. I feel he should play a larger role. I also don't really like the broadcasters they have for the afternoon or night. Then again, I tend to hate everybody first and then learn to like them. It's not a good strategy at all.

I am very happy to see Canada win gold on our own soil!! It's about time. And I was happy to say I saw it when it was happening though have already seen it too many times. I can only watch that moguls run so many times!!!

But I must go now. I have to finish watching the figure skating pairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment