Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Commentate This!

Ever since the narrator of The Week the Women Went, I've been paying more attention to the commentators of different events. I really thought that CBC was just crazy most of the time and thus had the best commentators (when they referred to the one figure skating team as "gyrating to first"). And I was a little disappointed that CBC didn't have the Olympics since I can only imagine the shenanigans that they would get up to.

But I have to admit, CTV has had some pretty good commentary. I love the harsh judgments they pronounce on these athletes. I know they really aren't being that harsh and it's really the truth but it's just so much fun to listen to. David Pelletier has had some bizarre comments and seem very concerned about the costumes of the figure skaters. The best was really the moguls commentators. When they were talking about Dale Begg-Smith (who CTV has had so much villainizing), the man said: "He just has no human emotions." Which though appears to be true, made me laugh so hard!

So much for Canadians always being nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment