Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Beginning of the End

My my, haven't we come a long way? Today begins the last month of this challenge. It's so weird to think about it ending now. We've started planning all the shows we're going to watch on May 1st, which conveniently lands on a Saturday. I'll admit, I'm a little excited for it to be over. I mean, it will make life so much easier, especially with other people. And I'll be able to watch Jeopardy again!

But I do know that this has probably permanently changed my viewing habits. I'm already going through the Canadian shows for the summer (like Canada's Next Top Model and possibly Canadian Idol? Or is that show dead for good now? Hmm...must do research). And I'm actually weirdly excited to see the fall line-ups for CBC and CTV. I like to think that I'll give preference to Canadian shows to American shows. I think the area where I will slide is filler shows like The Simpsons and Friends which are just so easy to turn on since they are just always there.

The one thing that I've gotten out of this that I really appreciate is my ability to recognize (and name about half the time) a lot of Canadian actors. I noticed it especially in watching Murdoch since in every episode I knew the guest star from another show, whether it be Being Erica, Instant Star or even the movie Passchendale. I don't know how handy this will be in life and God forbide I ever pass one of them on the street ("Oh my God! You're David Kopp! I love you! I know everything you've ever been in! jPOD and Stargate and even Josie and the Pussycats!").

There's just so much good Canadian TV that it's going to be weird going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment