Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Coming Soon...

I've said it before but I love award shows. Even if I haven't seen/read anything that's nominated. I just like the excitement of it all. This means that April is the month for me since that's when Canadians hand out all the hardware.

First up is the Genie Awards. Hopefully you all know that these are for Canadian movies. But the ceremony will be on Monday, April 12. Now, what's a little weird is where it's being broadcast. Last year, it was on Global which was very cool since then we all watched it happily. This year Canwest has shifted them to IFC. Even though that is probably where the audience really is but it means that less people will probably watch or even know that they are on. The only upside is that CBC will be streaming it online. So if you are a cool person and want to watch the Genies, either check out IFC or the CBC site.

The next week is the Junos which I'm sure you know all about. They will be on Sunday, April 18 on CTV. It's probably the most glamourous or at least popular award show in Canada. I haven't been able to find out who's hosting it though. Apparently Russell Peters hosted it the last two years. I'm hoping for a switch up. And it's in St.John's so I'm really hoping for some good Newfie culture going on. Personally, I think Danny Williams should host. Now that would be good television!

No comments:

Post a Comment