Thursday, April 22, 2010

Life without Cable

Since we canceled the cable, we have started watching Little Mosque more. It's such a shame that only season 3 and 4 are up online. I really want to see season 2 now to find out how Rayyan and JJ meet. I've slowly been getting sucked into this universe. Before I had a detached enjoyment of it but now I can't help myself from getting emotionally invested (it also helps that I know how season 4 ends...).

But also, we have returned to an old favourite, Slings and Arrows! Man, do I love that show! I think it's even better the second time around. If you still haven't seen it, please do. For some reason, this and Extras seem to be the shows I recommend to everybody because chances are, you've heard of them, you've might have seen an episode or two but you weren't impressed. But trust me, sit down and start watching either of these two shows and you will be laughing your ass off.

The thing with Slings and Arrows though is that whenever I watch it, I can't help but think how awesome that set would have been to be on. If there is one show that I could be on set for, it would absolutely be that one. And I love Don McKellar on it so much. Everything just works together so nicely.

But the saddest part of all, which is similar for most Canadian shows, is that it's over. We've only got 3 episodes left...

1 comment:

  1. Slings and Arrows was a really great show, and one I didn't watch until I had the chance to watch the entire seasons over Christmas. It was the same way with Arrested Development, although that was not a Canadian show,but sometimes you watch an episode and don't find it that interesting and don't give them a shot.
    I do miss Lttle Mosque though. I did like that show from the start until they brought in that new reverend. Now I don't watch it.
    I have been watching Hiccups and Dan For Mayor, but sadly, they haven't given me any reason to keep watching, except my guilt.
    If you are a Paul Gross fan however, he is in a new movie called Gunless. You can extend your CanCon to the movies once more thanks to him. Looks pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete