Monday, April 12, 2010

Cable?

As of this Wednesday, we will no longer have cable. I wish I could say that this is in response to the CRTC stuff but it's not. Mostly it's to save some money since we watch most of stuff online or on DVD. But we'll have an antennae so we'll get the Canadian stations so I'll be fine for the rest of the month. And in a way, we'll be continuing the challenge since we won't be getting most of the American stations. Of course, we'll be watching most of the shows online where it's a whole lot harder to find Canadian shows. I'll be losing my food network shows which is sad since I've only be reunited with it this year. We had lots of good times together.

But it seems to be the trend these days. Now we won't be tied to whenever other people think we should be watching TV. We can do our own programming. The one thing that I am most afraid of is that I won't know the new shows coming out since we won't be seeing all the promos. It just requires more research, which after the past few months where I had to look up almost all the shows I wanted to watch, I'm a little tired of. I kinda miss the days when TV watching was easy, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment