Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Life After CanCon

As my pledge to Cancon ends this Saturday, I have thought about what will become of this blog. My desire for completion and departmentalizing requires that I post solely on April 30th and end it at that. But then I would miss all the fun of once again being reintegrated into world wide content (there might be an anime marathon on the table with a friend for this summer). What if my reactions to American TV have completely changed? What if I have some great revelation about Canadian television that desperately needs to be shared? What if my eyes start to bleed from watching Grey's? Where will I go then?

Thus this blog will remain open. I will document my return to American content and see if anything has changed. And after a time, it will probably be where I spout off nonsense about all forms of media. From opinions on books (I just finished Alias Grace and it's fascinating, just fascinating!) to movies (I saw a promo for Paul Gross's new movie, Gunless and think everyone should see it, regardless of if it's any good because supporting Canadian cinema, especially financially, is important) to music (is it just me or has hip-hop music gotten surprisingly nicer to women?). Of course, television will play a role and though the whole blog won't be strictly Canada-centric, it just happens that almost everything I read, watch or listen to is Canadian. It's actually rather pathetic when I think about it.

I'm not expecting a lot of people to hang around after this to listen to my drivel so don't feel bad for deserting. I apparently just really like the sound of my own voice (...the sound of my own typing?) and so this blog will live on, even after the challenge has ended.

Note: Strangely enough, I have not picked out exactly what my first non-Canadian show will be. As plans for this weekend keep changing, I cannot fulfill the dream I have of lounging on my couch all day, gorging myself on Arrested Development and Flashforward. But it's always nice to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment