Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tentative Hope

After thinking about all the CRTC stuff lately, I have decided to be optimistic. With CTV giving The Listener a second season even after it was dropped by NBC and with Hiccups, Dan for Mayor and The Bridge, maybe just maybe, they won't be the evil broadcaster with no Cancon at all. I've decided to have some faith in these broadcasters. CTV seems to be loving the copro which is good since it means that it's still Canadian(ish).

Global and Canwest on the other hand, I've always had my doubts about. I don't even know if I've watched any Global during this entire experiment. I think the only time I really watched it before was when the Simpsons were on. And Project Runaway Canada doesn't exactly thrill me. But they do have a copro coming out called Copper (what is with Canada and all these cop shows all of a sudden???). What I'm more interested in though is Shattered which will be on Showcase. A cop with Dissociate Identity Disorder and starring Callum Keith Rennie. Now that sounds like a great show! I just wish Global itself had more great Canadian offerings like that.

So I've decided to have hope that our private Canadian broadcasters will not fail us. Co-pro are better than just buying the American shows. I just hope I'm not disappointed.

(But during all of this, I really just want to give the CBC a hug and pat it on it's back).

No comments:

Post a Comment