Thursday, March 11, 2010

Canadians in the Movies

The other day I was watching Josie and the Pussycats (please don't judge). And all within the span of 5 minutes, I saw Daivd Kopp (Ethan from jPOD), JR Bourne (really from everything but I know him from Stargate) and Zac Santiago (from Robson Arms). It was at that point I realized that the movie was probably filmed in Vancouver.

It's been a fun game I've started playing, figuring out which movies are filmed in Canada and even where. Like the Saw series. In Saw 5, you had Carlo Rota (Little Mosque) and Greg Bryk (ReGenesis). And then in Saw 6, Peter Outerbridge (ReGenesis) was actually like the central character and Devon Bostick (Being Erica). These are just the ones I recognize and know that they are actually Canadian. It was even better when, rewatching Stargate, I realized that Tobin Bell (who plays Jigsaw in the Saw series) was like the leader of the Tolland when they were first displaced. Weird.

It still makes my heart glow when I see a Canadian actor in an American movie, even in a bit part. And that we always lure them up ever and have them spend their production dollars up here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment