Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hiccups for Dan

Usually I like to give new shows 3 episodes before I officially pass judgment because pilots are tricky and for the most part, shows get better. But I have decided to post my first thoughts on CTV's new comedies.

(1) Hiccups - I dislike Millie. I find her too over-the-top for me. I also find Stan's (Brent Butt) wife too attractive for him and for some reason, this really bothers me. I think overall that this show just hasn't found it's way yet. And even though it is different, it still seems to have a Corner Gas flavour. So far, I have not been won over.

(2) Dan for Mayor - Between the two shows, I prefer Dan for Mayor. Though Dan isn't really that different from all of Fred Ewanuick's other characters, I like him more than either Millie or Stan. One of the main problems I have with it is Benjamin Ayres' mustache. It just looks so sleazy and fake. I also wonder about the viable of this show over many seasons. I suppose he'll have to win the race (now that he's actually running against people who are still alive) or otherwise it won't make much sense. Or maybe they're give me some sort of great groundbreaking resolution. I just don't really see where it can go. And I do always love a deus ex bus.

On a related note, I have been enjoying 18 to Life more and more. Though it may not always be the most original of shows, I like it. And Michael Seater does have his shirt off a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment