Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Good News for Doyle

In case you missed the news, the Republic of Doyle has officially been picked up for another season! Woohoo! I'm quite pleased to see it continue. Especially since it seems like most shows barely get past one season these days. Of course, as happy as I am for it, I always get a little sad since jPOD never got that chance (...more on that in a few days). I'm hoping it's a show that will continue to improve and now that they have a second season, they do more interesting things with it. Or possibly get actors who aren't on 22 Minutes (just a suggestion...). I only hope that Being Erica and 18 to Life continue on as well.

But at what cost has Doyle been renenewd? Well, The Border has been cancelled. Okay, so I never watched the show ever. But I heard good things about it and I'm not really the audience they were going for. And it's a fine line. I would prefer to see more long running Canadian shows. It just always feels like all these shows are coming and going so quickly that they never really live up to their potenial. Also there's not something familiar to go back to. And with the CBC for example, there are few spots for dramatic shows since The National is permantently on at 10pm each night. And then The Tudors are there. And Being Erica and Republic of Doyle now. But it's all about balance. I like seeing the new shows but I like knowing that all my returning favourites will be there too. I guess I just want it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment