Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Part 2

I didn't want to do another post on the Don Cherry story but after watching the second half last night, I feel the need to comment on something in particular. The story was written by Tim Cherry, Don's son. Okay, that's great. Very nice of Tim to write a movie about his father. The problem I have with it is that Cindy Cherry, Tim's sister was barely in it at all.

Maybe she didn't want to be a large part of it. Maybe she told him to keep her out of it as much as possible. But, as we saw in the movie, she gave him a kidney! Now, if I gave my brother a kidney and then later on he decided to make a movie about our family and my 'character' was barely in it, I would be pissed. Being me, I would probably ask for the kidney back. I should have been portrayed as awesome in that movie!

Cindy did have a couple lines. Most of them were about giving Tim the kidney and then asking how he was. Admittedly, Tim didn't have a lot of great lines either. Most of them were about how much he hated the Montreal Canadiens. But he appeared a lot more in the movie, either playing hockey with his father or helping out the team.

So I just wanted to Cindy Cherry know that I'm on her side.

No comments:

Post a Comment