Monday, January 25, 2010

Testing

Last night was some fantastic TV! It was Test the Nation IQ. I love this Test the Nation series. I love anything that tests my knowledge because I'm a nerd like that. Despite the fact I don't usually enjoy IQ tests (I find them nerve racking...and logic has never been a strong suit of mine), I loved watching this. Of course I was playing along at home with my brother and sister and thankfully we were all within one point of each other. It helps limit the bloodshed. And it was hosted by Strombo so that was all I really needed.

Along with the actual test which I enjoyed, I always love how they have teams in the studio that they pit against each other. Most of them made sense: Nerds vs. Athletes, Believers vs. Atheists (who were captained by the guy who plays the priest on Little Mosque). But then they have Politicians vs. ... Twins. Now I must be missing something because I've never heard anything of this long standing feud between Politicians and Twins. Was there some discriminatory legislation against twins in the past?

Anyway, I wasn't overly surprised with the final results. The Nerds won. I think this is also related to the fact that nerds are probably more likely to have taken an IQ test or tests similar to it in the past, thus having more exposure to the type of questions asked. The Politicians came in second, which I should hope so. And the Atheists beat the Believers. The twins came in last which seemed a little surprising. But I was more surprised by the fact Jeremy Taggart was in the Believers team. Who knew?

Though I did smile when Strombo kept making jokes all night about prorouging. Take that politicians!

No comments:

Post a Comment