Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year - New Shows

So now that the hectic crazy holiday season is over, I can return to my regular scheduled shows. But aside from Little Mosque, there doesn't seem to be any of the same shows that I watched when I first started this. The only upside is that the CBC is launching two new shows for our viewing pleasure:

(1) 18 to Life: A sitcom revolving around two 18 year olds who run off and get married, upsetting both their parents and their peers. I think it's an interesting concept and where it'll go but I'm not overly excited about it. But it does star a former Degrassi student (Stacey Farber who played Ellie Nash) so I'll be tuning in for sure. It premieres tonight at 8pm so we'll shall see then how it goes.

(2) The Republic of Doyle: A cop drama about a father and son investigative team. That would interest me alone since you don't really see many Canadian cop dramas (Flashpoint is the closest we've really got right now) but it's also set in Newfoundland. I'm in. Don't forget to tune in on Wednesday at 9pm for it.

Also, The Kids in the Hall have an 8 part mini-series called Death Comes to Town which premieres on Jan. 12, at 9pm on the CBC as well.

I'm a little disappointed because I was hoping that CTV and Global would have some new shows that I could watch as well but apparently no dice. But once the Olympics start, I'll probably be glued to CTV anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Both shows have been overwhelmingly advertised! Cop shows were never really my thing, but I do love Newfies. And as for 18 to Life, anything with Peter Keleghan has to be good, and the kid was Owen in Regenesis.

    Speaking of Regenesis, that show was good for every actor in it! They pop up everywhere now!

    ReplyDelete