Monday, January 18, 2010

It's Almost Time!

When I started this whole challenge, I thought about how lucky I was that I was doing this in an Olympic year. I mean, think of it, CTV actually has something to offer me now! And I do usually spend the Olympics glued to the TV anyway so everybody wins. The only downside is that I lose the ability to flip to the American channels whenever the Canadian ones are showing me a sport I don't really care about. But I've decided to view this as a positive thing since it enables one of my favourite things about the Olympics: suddenly becoming an expert in a sport that I usually would care nothing about. Just give me a couple of days and I'll start talking about beach volleyball as if it's something I've been following for years. It's the same thing with curling in the Winter Olympics. I know it would be more Canadian of me to care about it all the time but every four years seems to be enough for me.

So I guess I have a lot of curling, figure skating and, of course, hockey to look forward to next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment