Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Rawr

Due to the lack of Canadian shows, I sometimes end up having to watch shows that I wouldn't normally watch. One of these shows is Dragon's Den. I'm not really a business person and often it all goes over my head so I do what most people do and ignore it. There was no real incentive for me to watch the show. But one Wednesday night when there was nothing else on, I turned it on. And was pleasantly surprised. Okay, I don't really like seeing the people with the terrible ideas who the Dragons tear apart because I feel bad for them (and yet am always surprised that these people believe that they genuinely have a good idea and that the Dragons just don't get it. Somehow, I tend to side with the Dragons). But some people actually have good ideas and it's interesting to see how the deals go down. And I like to see the Dragons fight. It's all about the conflict.

I would say that it does so well on a major Canadian network in prime time because it's roots lay in our documentary/journalist/informational programming but like most things in life, it originated in Japan. Go figure.

1 comment:

  1. I don't watch it religiously, but I do enjoy it when its on. I do feel bad for the people with the lame ideas, but at the same time, I go back to the argument I always make for Canadian/American Idol: I mostly feel bad that these people don't have honest friends and family that say "I love you, but maybe you should rethink going on the show because I don't want to see you humiliated in front of millions".

    ReplyDelete