Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Family Ties

There’s just something I need to share with you all: Last night, I had a dream and I was dating Ethan, Erica’s boyfriend from Being Erica. Not only was he my boyfriend, at one point she tried to get him back but he stayed with me. Take that, Erica Strange. I think this is proof that the Cancon has started to permeate my subconscious.


But in other news, I have gotten my siblings hooked on some good ol’ fashioned Cancon. We now all watch Take This House and Sell it and Style by Jury, they’ve started watching Being Erica and Battle of the Blades with me. My sister even now watches Degrassi with me during lunch. I think she’s starting to get hooked too (I’m just so happy that Spike took Snake back today. It made me sad when he was kicked out of the house).


Though there is a certain level of unfairness built into it. I mean, I limit what they can watch when we are all together and though they can watch the shows I want to watch, I can’t watch the shows they want to watch. There’s no real sharing going on. And there will be times when somebody will suggest watching some Futurama/Arrested Development/Family Guy and I just shake my head. Even right now, my sister is out in the living room watching NCIS and I’m in my room…alone. But so far it hasn’t worked out too badly and though it takes some adjusting, we all seem to be managing. At least they haven’t killed me yet.


Now I just have to get my brother hooked on Degrassi…

2 comments:

  1. I was mostly excited to have more CanCon in my life. I am a bigger fan than most already, but I don't often make the effort to expose myself to Canadian content I've never seen before. Having you around will ensure that it will happen. And I don't think it is that unfair to us either. We are all easy going and have similar tastes, so finding CanCon we can all watch won't ever be too hard, it will just mean less easy-watching American junk will be thrown on.

    As for Degrassi, I refrain from watching it for the same reason I refrain from playing Guiter Hero, I know I will get hooked and become 'one of THOSE people'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never wanted to be one of 'those' people either. It makes me a little sad inside.

    But the reason I don't play Guitar Hero is just because I'm ridiculously bad at it.

    ReplyDelete