Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gobble Gobble...Grumble Grumble

Today really made me reconsider some of my life choices. This morning was the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Now my family has a proud tradition of always watching it. Even back in the day, my mother, like any good mother, would let us all stay home for the day just to watch the parade. About a week ago, when we realized it was so close, I got excited. That was, until my brother reminded me that I wouldn't be able to watch it. My spirits fell nigh to the centre of the earth. Then my sister cheerfully skips down the hallway this morning and gleefully knocks on my door to let me know it was on. And I remind her that I can't watch it before rolling off and crying myself back to sleep. Twas a sad day indeed.

Sidenote: from watching Being Erica, I have a strong hypothesis about where the Goblins cafe should be. Based upon the streetcar and a street shot, it should be around the corner of Queen and Spadina. I think a field trip is in order.

1 comment:

  1. I love being able to pick stuff like that out of TV shows and movies. Except when it comes to Resident Evil. They did a poor job disguising Toronto and it made me sad when my Raccoon City world was broken.

    But as for the parade, we'll go down and watch it on the street next year and you won't have to worry about it as American TV content!

    ReplyDelete