Sunday, November 8, 2009

Quantity

In my original post, I stated that I wasn't going to decrease the amount of television I watched so that I would still be consuming the same amount of TV except more Cancon. This hasn't quite worked out as planned. The amount of TV I watch has decreased, especially recently. This has been because of a number of factors so that since I'm now working more at night, I'm not sitting down for some good ol' fashioned prime time any more.

At the same time, a lot of the shows I watch have or are ending. SYTYCD-C is over and that took care of a good couple of hours a week. Battle of the Blades is finished next week. This leaves me Being Erica from the list of shows that I really started watching at the beginning of this whole thing.

Another factor is that my siblings have things that thy want to watch as well. Where as before I would just throw things on in the background, I now have to physically leave the room so they can watch How I Met Your Mother and Glee. Oh the politics of TV watching. Speaking of which, my sister commented about how she has never watched more news than we have lately. There will literally be nothing else on so we will throw on the CBC News Network or CTV News Channel and learn more about the world. It's not a bad thing but it would still be nice to have more variety to choose from. Just saying.

However, I still watch The Hour religiously and am looking forward to the new shows that will be premiering in January but that is still a long way away.


ps Really, Dubreuil and Richer?? I have no idea what Canada sees in them. They better not win. Shae-Lynn and Claude all the way!

1 comment:

  1. News and Soup: the two things I never do but when I do I'm like "Why don't I do this all the time!". When you think "Well, I'll watch the news" its hard to get excited about, but once you are watching it, its fascinating.

    Plus, I've always contended that I love TV because it spurs on conversations and I like to use it as background catalyst for thoughts and talks, and the news takes that to all new heights.

    ReplyDelete