Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Giller

Every once and a while I get really proud of Canadian broadcasting. It doesn't happen often which is really rather sad but last night was one of those nights. The fact that the Giller prize is aired on TV makes me ridiculously happy. In fact, this is the third year in a row that I was able to watch it on TV and find out live who won. I'm glad that Canada appreciates it's literary awesomeness and wants thinks it deserves to be shown across the country. And CTV even streamed it live online. Major props for that CTV. The highlight was clearly when Seamus almost said 'twat'. What a guy. But in his opening speech, he said Canada is a nation of readers. And that makes me proud.

Congratulations Linden MacIntyre and Canada. You done me proud.

1 comment:

  1. It was certainly interesting. Very cool that they aired it and I hope there was an audience out there that wasn't just us. Didn't know CTV streamed it online! That is cool. It seemed like something Bravo SHOULD air, but good for a non-specialty network to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete