Friday, May 14, 2010

Good News!

Gather round good people, I bring glad tidings. Okay, so chances are, only some of you will care but it has officially been announced that Being Erica has been renewed for a 3rd season! Hooray! I was most pleased when I heard this. So now both Republic of Doyle and Being Erica will be around for a little while longer. And I will find out if my theories about the third season are correct (that Erica will go into therapy training herself).

Now, I am happy enough to see a good Canadian show stick around and not be given the boot. One of the key things missing from Canadian television seems to be long running shows (yes Flashpoint blah blah blah). I want all Canadian shows to do well but of course, even more so if I actually enjoy watching them.

There is also a special part of me that is joyful since usually all the shows I love are taken away from me too soon. I often joked about this until I actually looked at it rationally.

3 seasons: Slings and Arrows, Arrested Development, Robson Arms
2 seasons: Pushing Daisies, Dead Like Me, Eli Stone
1 season: jPOD and Wonderfalls (the real rub here is that these two happen to be my favourite shows of all time).

So yes, I am very happy to see Being Erica come back. There is just so much joy in having lots of a good thing. I just hope that the CBC keeps on the track it's on because so far, I'm impressed.

3 comments:

  1. Have you seen the Dead Like Me movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dead Like Me Movie? When did that come out? Is the original cast in it? Is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't yet! I watched the whole series last year but then couldn't find the movie when I was done.

    Have you seen it? Is it any good?

    Some of the same cast. No Rube though :( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1079444/

    ReplyDelete