Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Flashpoint

I watched my first episode of Flashpoint the other night. I find that I have the same problem with this show as I had with Degrassi. I've heard so much about it and how important it is, that I can't go into it with a blank slate. But it was good show. I enjoyed it even though I don't always go in for these shows.

But watching it, it looks more like an American show. It seems to have more of a smoothness and usually in Canada, we don't see shoot outs in the airports (not like this happens everyday in the States, but that's just how they are portrayed in their shows). One of the things that has made Flashpoint is the fact that many Americans who watch the show have no idea that it is actually set in Toronto. And though I'm happy that Amercians are actually watching Canadian shows since somehow this makes it seem more legitimate to most Canadians. But aren't we losing something when in order to get them to watch, we have to make it look like an Amercian show? I know people would find it hard to believe is that we do have a Canadian culture and it is something that we can lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment