Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Newsroom

I recently acquired the second season of the Newsroom on DVD. Having never seen the show before and not really knowing too much about it, I was excited. And I did quite enjoy it.

It has kind of the awkwardness of Extras which is something I always love. The more awkwardness a show presents, the more I like it. But it's a cynical type look at the inner workings of a news broadcast. More specifically, the people who decide what is going to be on the news. George, the executive producer, is the perfect anti-hero who you love to hate. I just like how seamlessly they go from talking about really important things to random things in their lives. It's perfect. There's no change in tone or voice or anything.

It is a little slow and I can see how it didn't last long since it's not the type of show that would bring in a huge audience. But it is a really interesting show. I just hope I can get my grubby little hands on the rest of the series soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment